So finally I get a much needed break from competition! I’m literally exhausted after the last few months of training, travelling and competing. It’s been a good six months though all in all. Apart from a couple of hiccups I’m so lucky and happy to have had some amazing results this year. This is probably even better than previous years as I have been competing in two different sports this year, albeit at different levels. I’m also delighted to be ranked Number 2 in the World in Kickboxing having only competed in 3 World Cups at -55kg this year and of course to be the highest ranked Irish fighter at the same weight category is an added bonus.
Can’t have any complaints about these results:
- Irish Open Kickboxing World Cup – Gold Medallist -55kg
- Karate Ireland Senior National Champion -55kg
- Recchia Smaal International (Karate) – Bronze Medallist -60kg & Gold Medallist in Team Event
- Hungarian Kickboxing World Cup – Silver Medallist Grand Champion (Open Weight)
- Kickboxing Ireland Nationals – Silver Medallist -55kg
- Bestfighter Kickboxing World Cup – Gold Medallist -55kg, Bronze Medallist -60kg, Bronze Medallist Grand Champion (Open Weight)
- White Tiger Challenge – Silver Medallist Team Event & Silver Medallist Senior Challenge League
Looking forward to what the next six months bring; I’ll certainly be aiming to get better and better.